Join the Mind Body E-Newsletter
Join 1,500 others on our email list to receive advanced health tips like these
We value your privacy and would never spam you because that's lame. Very lame.
Mind Body Spirit was founded by Dr. Michael E. McGovern, a 2006 graduate of the Palmer College of Chiropractic. "Dr. Mike" is a runner, cat dad, and chess geek.
- The 4 Hypothyroidism CausesJune 23, 2015
- The 4 Causes of HypothyroidismJanuary 6, 2015
- How to Make The Perfect SmoothieJanuary 1, 2015
- Cause of HypothyroidismDecember 18, 2014
- Acupuncture Arlington Heights ILDecember 18, 2014
- Massage Arlington Heights ILDecember 18, 2014
- Chiropractic arlington heights ILDecember 18, 2014
- Our ServicesDecember 18, 2014
- The 4 Causes of HypothyroidismDecember 11, 2014
- Hypothyroidism SymptomsDecember 11, 2014
Leave us a comment!
This is a...different...kind of water strategy. But still very effective LOL!
STEP 3: ENTER THE “COLD ZONE”
You begin every morning of your life slightly dehydrated
because your body doesn’t stop working
just because you’re busy sleeping.
Your body has to keep your heart beating and your lungs breathing
so you can fully enjoy the peaceful relaxation of a good night’s sleep.
And your body needs to be well-hydrated to accomplish
such physiological feats as properly maintained heart and lung function.
The cooler you can keep your body temperature at night the less water you’ll lose.
Your body will stay hydrated longer into the night,
and you’ll get more hours of deep sleep
than you would if you were dehydrated.
You only get into deep sleep when your body makes melatonin,
and your body has a rough time making melatonin when you’re warm.
Without that melatonin you don’t sleep deeply.
Have you ever tried sleeping in a hot room in the middle of summer without air conditioning?
You don’t sleep very well, do you?
That’s because your body (and brain, specifically)
can’t cool down to a low enough temperature
to produce optimal levels of melatonin
to get you into the deeper phases of sleep.
The cooler you can get your body before sleep
the more well-hydrated you keep your body during the night.